Friday, November 12, 2010

G20 notions agree

Leaders agree to avert worst of currency war for now.
Leaders of the Group of 20 (G20) member nations reached a vague compromise Friday on currency and trade issues, calling for a workable resolution for the next G20 summit in France, slated for November next year.

This is the main points that G20 notions agree
1. to make indicative guidelines to identify big trade imbalances
2. to commit to moving toward more market-detemined exchange rate
3. to resist protectionism in all its forms
4. to reaffirm will to fight climate change


6 comments:

Diana said...

I heard some people disagree about the G20. So, some people who oppose holding the meeting, they held a rally in Seoul. I just curious people's thinking about the meeting-A Ryeon

Jee-yeong said...

It was successful, wasn't it? I saw some newspaper about G20 and most of them said it was successful. Korea suggested suitable plan for it. And I think Korea acquire good things through G20 with Germany and France.
I'm afraid that I heard it almost failed to make indicative guidelines. But generally, it was successful and it was helpful to improve the image of Korea:) Yes, next conference will be held in France. I wish the things that were covered in Korea will keep in the next meeting also.

Sun-young said...

yes! Some people are oppose holding the summit because the president in Korea who was controlled so many things. So, citizens upset and they have experienced some discomfort. Therefor they held demonstrations.

Sun-young said...

Right! I think that the summit is was comparatively successful. G20 are suggested more detail and specific.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

I am not familiar with economy. but, I heard and watched about G20. At first. I am proud of Korea :D because I think that Korea entered the line of developed nations with the successful hosting of G20... I heard G20 was contributed to the success of conference. I hope Korea would develop further.

- HyeMi Gwon